Syntax-specific FAQ and stuff
- ``Transformations pending`` (what to do with this?) How would you behave if you see Transformations pending message in SPSS status bar? What does it mean and how to get rid of it?
- When to use ```EXECUTE``` Sample of cases when you need explicitly use EXECUTE command to run transformations before executing other syntax, dependent on these transformations.
- About INCLUDing files How to correctly code syntax to use it further with INCLUDE command. This is useful way to structure your syntax.
- How can I apply variable labels and value labels of my old sav file to my new sav file? Sample syntax how to apply labels from one variable to another
- Multi-line comments Description on how to enter multi-line comments in SPSS
- How do I create an index, ID or key variable? Three examples on how would you create id (key) variable in SPSS
- How do I go about using an alternative syntax editor? The page describes reasons and options to use external syntax editor instead of built-in one into SPSS
- Обзор команд ```OUTPUT``` и ```DATASET``` This describes the specifics of using OUTPUT and DATASET families of syntax commands introduced in SPSS 14 and 15 versions.
- How to get π (pi) number using SPSS? How to get exact (more or less) pi number working in SPSS
- Maximizing the use of SPSS syntax Materials by Raynal Levesque from scripts and syntax presentation in Las Vegas, 2004, SPSS Directions
- Using Excel to Write SPSS Syntax The example on how to use Excel to automate SPSS syntax writing. With the help of Excel’s CONCAT function it demonstrates how to combine (concatenate) large number of values and value labels into valid SPSS syntax. This hint should save your time during initial development of the syntax and enable efficient syntax updating upon correction of metadata codebook in Excel.